Monday, 16 November 2015

My First Original Nursery Rhyme: Animal Parade


As I was thinking of what to do next for our K's Toys video while organizing my toddler's toys (for the nth time), I found her animal finger puppets (which we got from Amazon) and remembered how she loves to sing along nursery rhymes.  So that day, as I had a chance to sit down and write a bit of my "practice poems" that I do, I thought why not write a poem or a rhyme based on her animal finger puppets!

It was so much fun because I got to be more silly in the writing without worrying too much about each line being too realistic in meaning.  I was not planning on adding a melody to it initially because I knew that I do not have the proper equipment to record a nice sounding song but, as I wrote away, I ended up hearing a melody in my head anyway so I just went with it.

I will have to admit that I wish I could have created a better sounding song for the video but because I only have my laptop microphone and a piano app on my smartphone to put the song together (plus the fact that I am not a trained musician), I still feel great for coming up with a nursery rhyme that I can call my own and that my toddler likes singing along to.  You can watch the video if you're interested to hear the nursery rhyme and to see the finger puppets that it's based on.  Do read on for the transcription of the Animal Parade. :)




Animal Parade

Watch the parade of our animal friends,
Count them all from one to ten.
Here they are, let's say hello,
Wave and cheer as they come and go.

One and two, a hippo so blue,
And there's a cow and she goes moo!
Three and four, a panda snores,
And there's a mouse with a nose so sore!

Five and six, a doggie does tricks,
And there's a bear that plays with sticks.
Seven and eight, a hopping white rabbit,
And there's a frog and he goes ribbit!

Nine and ten, a duck quacks again,
And there's an elephant that writes with a pen,
The time has come for the show to end.
Let's say goodbye to our animal friends!


=====================
Visit my Youtube Channels:
K's Toys:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiHPMAtCbGV9gi1QmmLoFBw
K's Mum:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpHQELKTCqfNR2uRTBJxVQA

Social Media:

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/amumzlife
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/amumzlife

Mummascribbles


blogging mummy


My Random Musings


A Bit Of Everything

16 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love when parents go above and beyond to engage kids in music, learning, and language. You did a great job! So nice to find you through #TwinklyTuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! As I suspected you are actually a very talented rhymer! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work - bet your daughter loves it! I spend a lot of time writing in rhyme, particularly on limericks so I know it is fun but can be tricky! #abitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love rhyming like this and it is one thing i wish i could do, writing in rhyme. Thanks for linking up with #anythinggoes Blogging Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely rhyme! You're very creative! #abitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is brilliant! I totally love it :)
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah clever you!!! I bet your little one loves that mama is singing songs made up just for her! :) Thanks so much for linking up with us on #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are so clever. :)

    Such a lovely song - I'm going to play the video for my daughter when she wakes up from her nap.

    Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope she enjoys it. :)

      Delete